2009-05-10

Catch and release

Those who've been keeping up with my blog know that I have a thing about mosquitoes. Yelch!! Well, a couple of hours ago, as I was putting away some laundry, I noticed a huge-a$$ mosquito fluttering about in my room: its wingspan was a good 2 inches! But then I lost it when I ran out to get my spider cup! (Yes, I have a transparent cup that I use to catch spiders!)

Well, I was getting ready for bed just now, and caught sight of it at the bottom of my door, camouflaged against the dark paint! I opted for the larger pitcher in the laundry room, though. (I'm ultra-squeamish.) Luckily, it's one of those big and dumb mosquitoes that are really slow. It didn't even notice as I placed the pitcher over it, until I slid a manila envelope over the opening. I let it go out the front door.

I am sleeping easy tonight. G'night! :)

以前看我blog的朋友們知道我對蚊子的恐懼。 噁。 當然是因為每次都會被釘得好慘! 前兩個鐘頭在收拾乾淨的衣服時,在我方間看見一隻特大的蚊子:翼展有兩英吋吧!但當我跑去書房拿我的"蟲杯",回到臥房就找不到牠了。 (是的,我有個透明塑膠杯子專門用來專蜘蛛和蟲類的!)

剛剛要換衣服準備睡覺的時候,剛好又看到牠,停在門的下方,隱蔽在暗色的油漆。 不過我去拿了洗衣房的大水壺。 (我對蟲類的很敏感!) 幸好牠是那種大笨蚊子,飛得很慢的那種。 我把牠蓋住,牠都沒反應。 我用牛皮紙信封把水壺口蓋著,把牠帶到前門外面把牠放走。

今晚可以安心入眠。 晚安! :)

2 comments:

'Brush and Bel said...

Don't know when it happened, but at some point in my adult life I developed the heeby-jeebies for spiders. I've used the cup and paper trick a few times to rid my house of the little beasties too.

Tschüß,
Brushy.

Anonymous said...

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSIWpFPkYrk

I don't like spiders either. They are creepy, size doesn't matter.

Francis