2005-11-08

Jazz Cat

Went to a jazz festival in Taichung over the weekend. I'd been stressing about work and was just tired in general, so I really needed a weekend to kick back and unwind. Listening to jazz in the park, in perfect weather, with a glass of Bailey's and good company - the jazz fest was just the perfect thing.

I took to the jazz and have since changed gears. I listen to one Taiwanese artist in particular: Cat Peng Ching Hui (彭靖惠) who has a wonderfully soothing Norah Jones voice. She started out in pop but switched to jazz about 5 years ago. Her latest album is a 2-CD set with Chinese and English versions (basically). I was especially pleased to find that the English was grammatically correct and virtually without accent.

For those who don't like jazz, her style is not the traditional brassy jazz, but more like Diana Krall's bop-bop-badoo-wop smooth jazz. This is one of my favourite songs - have a listen.

No comments: