2005-11-26

I heart V

Played indoor volleyball on Saturday for the first time since coming to Taiwan. Company event, with ridiculously modified rules to encourage the participation of women: men had to hit from behind the 3m line, and any ball-over contact in front of the attack line must be two-handed, even if not jumping!

It. was. Heaven.

My serving was stable (but no floaters). My passing wasn't too bad, although not surprisingly, it's deteriorated a bit since the Bonsor/Cambie days (yeah, I shanked a few). And once I told my teammates to utilise me more (being the only one who could attack front row), I got a lot more sets. On a women's height net. Women's height! :D

I didn't try blocking, but I should've, just for the heck of it. Not too many dives, but I saved a ball - and rolled out of it! S would've been proud. ^^ Too bad we couldn't capitalise on that play, though.

It was only a morning of volleyball, but after being away from it for over a year, my entire body aches! But it's a good ache. :)

I've always known how much I heart V, but that morning was a little reminder. I'll have to check if our company rec centre has drop-in volleyball. :D

No comments: