2005-11-13

"Guess what? I'm bi!"

[Editor's note: Photo ID was slightly modified to comply with all the grumblings I received about my information supposedly being visible, even though I'd mosaicked it all.]

Well. I am now officially Taiwanese. On top of being Canadian, that is - dual citizenship. (Don't be ridiculous; I ain't givin' up my Canadian citizenship!)

This morning, in an amazingly smooth transaction unlike all processes leading up to this day, I had a newly minted citizen card in my hands within the hour. That's including getting breakfast while I waited for them to process the documents.

And then, in an equally efficient fashion, I was back in Hsinchu and rented a mailbox, opened a stock account, opened a new bank account to link to my new stock account, and dropped off my application for a credit card. All before lunch was over. Man, having a citizen number makes things so much easier.

So I'm set! Now I can start wearing high heels with jeans and matching a hot pink top with a yellow skirt. And maybe folding excess jean pant leg up. To the calf. On the outside of the pant.

No comments: