2004-08-09

No bummin' around

Near my residence, the major intersections are often home to homeless-jobless-moneyless-foodless bums sporting Nike shoes (or people that are travelling and inevitably run out of/lose all their money).

The other day, I bought some really bad Chinese food. The honey garlic chicken on plain noodles was more like honey honey honey garlic chicken on noodles with an extra scoop of honey on the side. I barely ate half of it. My brother once gave his leftover pizza to a person on the street, so I decided that even if I couldn't stomach it, someone less fortunate might still appreciate it. If I saw one of the vagabonds on the street islands, I would beckon them over to my car window and offer my leftover Chinese to them.

Apparently, vagabonds have office hours, too. I wasn't surprised not to see them when I headed home at 01:00: they'd probably shuffled off to a shelter or something. But the next day and the day after, around midday ... nada. Not one in the entire week. I couldn't find any bums to whom to give it!

I suppose they're entitled to summer vacation, too.

No comments: