2004-07-20

I've fallen, ...!

I had dry feet, so I massaged in some healing foot cream. As I headed downstairs, the somewhat greasy cream and the plastic runner had a disagreement, so my feet went up, and I went down, landing with my full weight on my left hip.

I lay on the bottom few stairs, catching my breath and letting the pain subside a bit while I mentally tallied up the damage, and, deciding that it still hurt like h#ll, I let out a straggled wail. My big brother rushed out into the hall and asked, "Are you okay??"

And then he burst into laughter. Punk a$$.

ouch!It was a 3"-diameter welt of solid purple when I took this picture 3 days ago. It has since expanded. Today, it's the size of a very loose fist (about 5" across) with a thick edge of purple; the center of the bruise has taken on a jaundice yellow ....

I'm just happy it's above my shorts line.

No comments: