2005-12-11

Throw another on the barbie, mate!

Chinese New Year is the big holiday here, and folks get 4 consecutive days off. Add a weekend before and after - not surprisingly, many people take a couple extra days off to vacation during this time.

Since I have my new citizen card, I am now free to travel the world. Hence I decided that I didn't want to spend this coming CNY in Taiwan. Being an inopportune time for my other half to come globe-trotting with me, I decided I still don't want to spend CNY in Taiwan... and so I'm making my own travel plans.

So, my vacation destination is fabulous tied-for-#1-livable-city-in-the-world Melbourne, Australia. Actually I think this year they were #2. Nonetheless! Wonderful city.

(Actually, it was going to be Japan, but my friend there warned me that CNY is at the peak of the cold season, and that the winter is comparable to the Ontarian winter. Well, forget that.)

For the longest time, my Aussie friends and I have been saying "whenever [I] make it down to Australia" - since I started at CompanyA 4 years ago - and while I knew I always wanted to visit, the timing was always undetermined.

Well, this is it! I'm still a little increduled myself.

I already have some basic plans forged out: people I want to meet, places I want to visit... I might not fit it all in! I likely won't get to hit all the tourist sites, but that's okay. My time there will be to kick back and relax, and hang out with my buddy. But, be it a beautiful scenic area or a great watering hole, suggestions on where to go are welcome!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :D

No comments: