2005-01-24

Signs from above

It seems that my coworker's scooter accident isn't the only one to happen. A number of other coworkers have since been in accidents; my mentor's right arm is in cast and sling.

But none of those incidents affected me as much as yesterday morning's.

I was on the shuttle bus, off to work. I caught just a glimpse as we passed the intersection.

A scooter lay sideways in front of a mini truck.
The truck's windshield was just one huge spiderweb.
A man (presumably the scooter driver) lay on the ground, blood on his face, cradled by a person in a blue vest (Science Park crew) talking to him.
Another blue-vested person stood on the sidewalk nearby, talking into a walkie-talkie.

It was an unnerving start to the week. :(

I am beginning to wonder if this is some sort of sign from above, about me getting a scooter.

:(

No comments: