2005-01-19

Oriental palette

One of the best perquisites at my company is the snack cabinet. Yes, filing cabinets around the office with a variety of nutritional-zero goodies, for employees' enjoyment, free of charge. The caretaker staff refill them every morning.

Needless to say, the snacks are all Asian-style: chips, cookies, egg rolls, wafer snacks.... Cool, I liked getting snacks at T&T (Asian supermarket) anyway.

Well, I wasn't prepared for just how Asian when I picked up a mini pack of chips... and discovered they were seaweed-flavoured Lay's Chips. Weird.

Okay, so I just picked a funny flavour. (Sometimes I grab a package without really looking.)

Nope.

In the weeks after, I also came across Onion Crispy Crab, Chicken, and Sweet and Sour Pork. That's just wrong. In fact, the only "North American" flavour I found was Sour Cream and Onion (which I don't like much anyway).

Anyhow, most available snacks are interesting flavours. I suppose I'll eventually get used to them. But then again, maybe that'll shift me toward eating healthier. There's been noticeable gain in the midriff.... :(

No comments: