2004-11-10

Putt-putt, just puttin' around

Work is going well, and I have finally been getting some sleep at my place (after I stopped using the pillow).

Maybe it's because it's still Week 2 for me here, but the time seems to pass so quickly. Before I know it, it's 18:00 and my colleagues are asking if I want to go for dinner. And then before long it's 20:00 and I need to rush to catch the last shuttle bus.

My work hasn't even picked up yet, and already I feel that my commute is just too restrictive on my schedule, especially since there are weekly seminars and presentations that begin after dinner. Forget 9-to-5.

So, I've decided to buy a scooter. Yep, I'm gonna be a scooter girl! I've started asking my coworkers about getting one - cost, licence.... I haven't decided between getting the 50cc scooter or getting a larger one. I also have to wait until I get my first paycheque (monthly payments here!) to afford it!

But, until then, it's "Sorry, boss, can't work overtime; I have to catch the last shuttle bus!"

No comments: