2004-11-23

Peace Treaty

Dear friend,

I believe that the need for a truce has arisen. This love-hate (mostly hate) relationship between us is causing much tension, so I hope that with this letter, we can reach an understanding between mosquito and me.

I know you must eat to survive. Such is life. But really you must ensure that gluttony not overcome you, as several nights I have awoken to 5 or 6 new bites. I hardly believe that you need such a feast at a single sitting. So I ask that you please limit your overeating tendencies. Let us start with 2 bites per night, and if this arrangement doesn't work, we can discuss the matter further.

Let's make that 1. One bite per night.

I ask you not to touch the face. The face is still the most aesthetically appreciated feature of a person, and needless to say, your savage devouring of my delicate skin leaves not only physical but also emotional scars. Please avoid the face.

Know that should you insist on supping on my blood, you will die. I don't care if I have to stay up until 03:00 to catch you, but I will, believe you me. Not only will you die sooner than you hope, but you will live your last hours (minutes) in utter fear. Utter. and. complete. fear.

So. How does that sound. Truce? :)

Sincerely,
N

No comments: