2004-10-30

Welcome home

I slept my first night at my new home for the next few months. I had arrived in Hsinchu around 19:30, and dropped off my laptop and my mini-pack at my brother's, hung out and then lugged my little suitcase across the street after an hour.

And then without realising it, I spent 4 hours mopping and rearranging the sparse furniture, dousing everything with citronella, and then assembling the simple clothes racks. When I finally emerged from my room, all was quiet in the house.

Today, after hanging up some clothes to dewrinkle, I headed to my brother's to reclaim my laptop ... and steal a shower. What can I say, the shower at my place leaves much to be desired. In a few minutes, I will borrow his bike and (after mopping it down) go off to explore the neighbourhood and figure out my route to work.

I report to work tomorrow morning at 08:30 sharp.

No comments: