2004-02-14

There's something to be said about being steered when you're 27. In the last couple of years (and maybe longer), I've had a lot of questions/doubts in the direction of my life, and I finally resolved to do something about it. I don't want to leave this to escalate into a mid-life crisis.

I haven't even made any minor changes, yet; just looking into possibilities and some planning, but it's already very evident that this will not go over well with the parents. Instead of even considering what I want, they are clamping down even more and trying to steer me "back on course". They apparently think that calling me (when I'm out) at 12:30am and telling me that I should really come home now will exert more control over me.

For fvcking crying out loud, I'm almost 27!

Maybe it's because I notice things now, but everything is starting to add up now, and I'm getting really close to apartment-hunting.

Sorry to B and K if they don't feel the same way, but somehow, I don't think they go through quite the same stuff.

No comments: