2004-02-14

Saint Valentine's Day is such a Hallmark holiday. I mean, seriously. Shouldn't you be telling your loved one that you love them a little more often than once a year? Or is it just for the lame-o's who need to be obligated to do so? And then, of course, there's excluding the singles. That just ain't nice.

S and I don't really celebrate V Day. We don't get each other Christmas nor birthday gifts. We don't need any of that. I don't tire of seeing him and talking to him everyday (or more than once a day). Our "gifts" to each other are found in the little things: doing research on the web at 3am, getting that DVD they'd been talking about, running a gas can up to SFU at midnight because someone (me) didn't have enough gas to even start the car! Little things. :)

I don't need a commercial holiday to know he cares. Nor to tell him that I do.

No comments: