2003-08-25

Price for pleasure

My friends know I don't really splurge on myself, so they got me spa certificates for my birthday. I have to use them soon, so I've been calling around for info (I'm a spa-virgin) and available appointments. Well, I tell ya, that frugal mentality is hard to break out of for a day!

The Eccotique pamphlet I have lists an express pedicure ($35), a luxury pedicure ($40), a French pedicure ($47), and then there's the paraffin treatment! Uh?? So I'm talking to Tracy of Eccotique Metropolis, and she explains:

"The express pedicure is 45 minutes, and it's a foot bath, plus nail filing, and cuticle work."

"Mm-hmm ..." ... uh, that's it?

"The luxury pedicure ..." that is it!?!, "is an hour long, and it also has a massage and polish."

And then it's an extra $7 to add the little white strips for a French mani/pedicure. Wow.

The next topic was eyebrows. I've never tweezed my eyebrows before, but maybe I should let the pros do it the first time, since I have a wedding to attend on the weekend. Then I checked out their website ....



Hmm .... Maybe I'd better think this over ....