2008-01-29

You take that back!

So we happened to have the "pleasure" of sitting with my two-up manager, and conversation starts out about marriage and sports, and then the 3 managers at the table start talking about... management. My two-up is saying how different people have different ways of dealing with stress, and each person has to figure out their own method.

"For example, Nk and I have a habit of leaving everything until the last minute, creating unnecessary stress on ourself, and..."

Excuse me, but wtf??

What exactly were you expecting when you assigned me work on Friday afternoon and wanted it by Monday? It was already "last minute" when you assigned it. Did it even occur to you that I might have plans for the weekend? Or is my 24-hours-a-day-7-days-a-week completely at your disposal? And for what -- a few lousy dollars of OT pay, a foul mood, and sleep deficit?

Considering that my work schedule is dictated by everyone else's deadlines and by when work is submitted for review, the latter has a slight impact on when I can complete an assignment.

If you assign a task with a Monday deadline, and by Sunday evening, I still haven't received more than half the slides I need to review, then hell yeah, I'm going to have some difficulty completing the task. Even if you notify the persons a week in advance, if they don't submit their work until the last instant, I'm the one who pays for it. Don't fvckin' tell me that I leave it all until the last minute and then am not able to make the deadline.

Stupid slave factory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just looooooove managers? It's never their fault, it's *your* fault. I'm surprised he even bothered to say "we" instead of just "Nk". Oy!

Anonymous said...

Poor girl...
Let's remind the manager, it's unfair...