2007-03-04

Au clair de la lune

Today is 元宵節, which is the first full moon after the Lunar New Year. It's customary to gather and to light "sky lanterns". On them, you write your wishes and hopes for the year, and then watch the little paper hot air balloons float up into the night sky.... Well, I had to miss it this year. Boooo.

But the full moon was lovely. As I stared up at it, I was reminded of a friend.

See, I haven't talked to this friend for about a year now. We used to talk on the phone (long-distance, I might add) on full moon nights, just about life, about everything, about nothing. We got along great and understood each other really well, especially considering we aren't even on the same continent.

About a year ago, though, we stopped talking (for reasons I'm not at liberty to disclose). Zero contact.

I don't usually think of this friend, not so much anymore. I guess you just have to accept the fact and move on. But tonight as I looked up at the silver moon, I did.

And I wondered when it might be okay again.

No comments: