2006-08-05

Parting Company

I love my glasses. They're Flexon by Marchon - the frames that are ultra-malleable, and in a dark maroon-brown "coffee". Glasses frames that fit my small face nicely are really hard to come by, so these were the perfect find.

That was 5 or 6 years ago.

This morning, I woke early (06:50). My coworker and I were heading up to Taipei for a stroll and a relaxing day in the city. (Planned power outage at the office today, so we couldn't go to work.)

Being half-blind, the first thing I do when I gain consciousness, of course, is reach for my glasses. So I was putting them on, slightly flexing the frames outward to fit them over my face, when I heard and felt a soft <snap!>. To my complete and utter surprise, the left and right halves of my glasses had parted company, right at the center of the nosepiece.

I guess there's an expiry for their malleability. And I guess I should say, I loveD my Flexons. :(

No comments: