2005-04-25

Practically twins

Some of my coworkers were trying to squeeze my birthdate out of me. I didn't mind telling them my birth year - not a big deal: I've rather accepted the fact that I am - yes - getting old. Just a little bit. I know, it's okay; I've dealt with it.

Fifteen minutes later (yes, they were still trying), the one coworker who knew my approximate birthdate decided, "Hmm, I think I'll blurt out her Zodiac sign, even though she seems adamant about not telling them, and it's completely not my place to give it up", and thus the month that witnessed my world debut came to light.

I drafted a multitude of Ally McBeal scenes in my head as I glared a hole through her, right between the eyes. I do believe that it was served with a liquid nitrogen smile.

One coworker in particular kept hounding me for the exact date, later that day, the next day, night, morning.... He was absolutely relentless. He finally realised that it just wasn't going to happen unless he told me his birth year and month first. Turns out they're the same as mine.

We jostled some more before getting the exact dates out. His birthdate was the day after mine.

But wait ! I was born in the evening... in North America! Which meant that we were actually born within hours of each other! And it turns out that he was born in the wee hours of the morning, making him older than me! MuahAHHAhaha.

Kind of a cool coinkidink, though. :)

No comments: